Beschreibung und ökonomische Interpretation der Marktordnung eines Schweizer Agrarmarktes
- Agricultural, Veterinary and Environmental Sciences
- Bachelor Thesis
If you wear glasses, you know exactly how cumber-some it can be when your glasses fog up.
In our startup Solabs Nanotechnology, we investigate a lot of fundamental and applied phenomena to inhibit fogging. In this specific project, we employ a trans-parent, nanoscopically thin coating to prevent or re-move fog efficiently solely based on sunlight. Our coating specifically absorbs near-infrared radiation, which is not visible to the human’s eye, while it retains transparency in the visible spectrum. The absorbed energy heats up the surface and prevents fog for-mation. A global patent application for our technology is pending.
- Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Optical Physics
- ETH Zurich (ETHZ), Master Thesis
This thesis focuses on fully automating the evaluation of Raman spectra in a self-driven thermodynamics lab to accelerate the development of sustainable chemical processes or novel heat pump concepts. By integrating Machine Learning (ML) with advanced spectral evaluation algorithms, the aim is to achieve complete lab autonomy. The methodology combines data-driven and physically-based approaches, including synthetic spectrum generation for ML training.
- Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Physical Chemistry, Physics
- Master Thesis
Buildings are a major contributor to global energy consumption. Better building automation can help reduce the energy consumption and thus the operating cost of a building. This, however, comes at the cost of installing additional sensors and actuators. The goal of this project is to find the optimal trade-off between the two with the exciting real-world example of Empa's famous Nest building.
- Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Applications (IfA), Energy (IfA), Master Thesis
The aim of this project is to develop a camera-based solution for motion correction of cerebrovascular 4D flow MRI, including hardware development and (deep learning-based) data analysis.
- Biomedical Engineering, Computer Vision
- Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis
Recent developments of renewable composites based on Mycelium have shown a tremendous potential in repurposing low value agricultural and industrial waste into high value sustainable products. In the construction industry, mycelium-based materials have already gained traction for non-structural applications, such as thermal and acoustical panels, thanks to their naturally high insulative properties as well as their resistance to fire. Despite these qualities, their application into architectural application is still disregarded. Lack of structural material properties and the poor integration into current development of digital manufacturing are amongst the factors preventing their use. In this project we want to investigate further material performance for mycelium composites for construction.
- Biomaterials, Composite Materials, Fermentation, Biotechnology and Industrial Microbiology
- ETH Zurich (ETHZ), Internship, Other specific labels, Semester Project
Machine learning for smart insect rearing for urban food waste management- Internship at the Singapore-ETH Centre - ***Please note that the internship takes place in Singapore***
- Animal Production, Artificial Intelligence and Signal and Image Processing, Biological Mathematics, Chemical Engineering
Biological patterns and biocommunication in insect rearing for urban food waste management-Internship at the Singapore ETH Centre
- Animal Production, Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Chemical Engineering, Ecology and Evolution, Environmental Sciences
In this project we will design a robust MPC controller for flexibility in supply chains. The objective is to guarantee better response to abrupt changes in demand. Specifically we will design a MPC controller that optimally tunes the flexibility, namely the capability of a firm to substitute and reroute products along existing pathways. By enhancing flexibility the system can effectively mitigate the impact of disruptions.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Information Storage, Retrieval and Management, Information Systems Management, Mathematical Sciences, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Systems Theory and Control
- Master Thesis
The thesis project deals with the powder flow optimization and fine control for AMLZ High-Speed Laser Cladding machine.
- Engineering and Technology
- Bachelor Thesis, ETH Zurich (ETHZ), Master Thesis