Traditional legged robots are capable of traversing challenging terrain but lack energy efficiency and speed when compared to wheeled systems. We propose a novel optimization/learning framework that enables a legged robot equipped with powered wheels to perform hybrid locomotion.
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Information, Computing and Communication Sciences, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Collaboration, ETH Organization's Labels (ETHZ), Internship, Lab Practice, Master Thesis, Semester Project
We are developing an innovative biosensor for proteolytic activity with a magnetic readout. ETH students with chemistry background interested in a master’s thesis are especially encouraged to contact us.
- Biological and Medical Chemistry, Biomaterials, Diagnostic Applications, Enzymes, Instruments and Techniques, Materials Engineering, Medical Biochemistry: Proteins and Peptides, Medical Physics, Nanotechnology
- Master Thesis
We want to enhance the existing manipulation capabilities of ANYmal with arm. We are currently developing a shared autonomy framework, allowing the robot to perform various autonomous manipulation and cooperation tasks, while allowing an operator to intervene in case something unexpected happens.
- Engineering and Technology
- Master Thesis, Semester Project
Already today, microbubbles are being used as ultrasound contrast agents. Their ability to precisely be manipulated to a target area gives rise to a lot of new possible applications. specially the ability to deliver drugs accurately and avoiding drug-tissue interactions with the surrounding healthy tissue would be groundbreaking for modern medicine. WE plan to implement a stable on-chip fabrication of liposomes and microbubbles and study the acoustic effect over the produced microbubbles.
We investigate the effect of flow rates on the size of the produced bubbles and examine their stability.
- Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis, Semester Project
You would join a team of clinical and research scientists in the task of improving the long-term prognosis of Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) through physiological and clinical data.
Your work will guide future rehabilitation methods in general clinical practice, through applied classification and dimensionality reduction in Biomechanics of walking.
Goal: Develop an unsupervised clustering pipeline for a large dataset of gait patterns from spinal cord injured individuals for class similarity evaluation
- Clinical Engineering, Data Security, Data Storage Representations, Database Management, Digital Systems, Information Systems Development Methodologies, Medical and Health Sciences
- Bachelor Thesis, ETH Organization's Labels (ETHZ), Internship, Master Thesis, Semester Project
You will optimize a lateral flow assay (LFA) to make it compatible with our novel highly sensitive electrochemical readout that will form a cornerstone for the ground-breaking point-of-need diagnostics device. You will be working on assay development with a focus, amongst others, on decreasing the non-specific binding of analyte and detection nanoparticles to the LFA membrane matrix, increasing sensitivity by optimizing the chemical environment of the immune-sandwich formation, nanoparticle/receptor conjugation or capillary flow optimization.
You will work on an interdisciplinary project in collaboration with ETH spin-off Hemetron (https://www.hemetron.com/, https://www.linkedin.com/company/hemetron/). This fast pace project is ideal for highly motivated students.
- Biology, Chemistry, Engineering and Technology, Medical and Health Sciences, Physics
- Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis, Semester Project
We want to expand the use of acoustic microrobots for drug delivery applications in tumor environments.
- Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis, Semester Project, Summer School
Design a deep learning approach which integrates the measurements from different types of satellite data (MODIS, VIIRS, Sentinel-1 SAR, Sentinel-2, see Fig. 1) by learning a sensor-invariant embedding (see Fig. 2), targeting two applications: lake ice monitoring and glacial lakes mapping.
- Artificial Intelligence and Signal and Image Processing, Earth Sciences, Satellite Communications
- CLS Student Project (MPG ETH CLS), ETH for Development (ETH4D) (ETHZ), IDEA League Student Grant (IDL), Master Thesis
In this project, we will propose a pipeline to generate novel view synthesis of multiple human performers. Please email the host for more details of the project.
- Computer Vision
- CLS Student Project (MPG ETH CLS), ETH Organization's Labels (ETHZ), IDEA League Student Grant (IDL), Master Thesis, Semester Project
Robotic Manipulation is one of the areas of robotics which has benefited the most from recent advances in large pre-trained machine learning models. At the Soft Robotics Lab, we aim to leverage such models for innovative applications to multi-task manipulation of rigid and soft objects. In this thesis, we plan to 1) set up a manipulation pipeline for control and data collection, and 2) advance the state of imitation learning by leveraging pre-trained semantic models.
- Intelligent Robotics, Knowledge Representation and Machine Learning
- Internship, Master Thesis, Semester Project