Search for public opportunities
Register now and browse all open positions. It's free!
Profit from a great search interface and directly apply to the position of your choice. SiROP - Excellence in Science!
Notify me when new projects of my interest are advertized!
You define what you are interested in and we will send you an Email when a new project matches your criteria, it's that easy.
We are preparing a long-term deployment of ANYmal robot in South Africa this spring. This project includes (0) field test in SA for 1~2 months, (1) developing software for locomotion/navigation of ANYmal in the field (2) making it easy for a non-roboticist operator, and (3) data collection and analysis.
- Computer Software, Intelligent Robotics, Robotics and Mechatronics, Zoology
- Internship, Master Thesis
We are developing a visual navigation system for ANYmal in the wild. Based on RGBD information, the robot has to be able to tell "walkable" terrains and navigate through the forest.
We are interested in self-supervised approaches to reduce labeling effort and to accommodate various existing dataset
- Computer Vision, Image Processing, Intelligent Robotics, Simulation and Modelling
- ETH Organization's Labels (ETHZ), Master Thesis, Semester Project
Age-related bone loss and associated fractures result in osteoporosis, a major problem for the elderly. Several studies suggested as a therapeutic target to prevent bone loss by precise coordination of bone remodeling through the interaction of bone cells namely: osteoclast-bone resorbing cells, osteoblasts-bone forming cells and osteocytes-key mechanosensors of bone remodeling. To understand the cellular mechanism of aging, this project investigates understanding the changes in the bone cells (osteoblast, osteoclasts, and osteocytes) in a mouse model of senile osteoporosis.
- Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Medical and Health Sciences
- Bachelor Thesis, ETH Organization's Labels (ETHZ), Internship, Lab Practice, Master Thesis, Other specific labels, Semester Project
The aim is a biohybrid soft robots composed of living microorganisms and biomaterials (living materials) and powered with homogeneous magnetic field. Applications are targeted cargo delivery and cancer therapy.
- Biomaterials, Biomechanical Engineering, Polymers, Robotics and Mechatronics
- Master Thesis, Semester Project
In this project, a student will explore RL-based control approaches for legged robots to enable our quadrupedal robot ANYmal to get up from the rough terrain with obstacles.
- Intelligent Robotics, Knowledge Representation and Machine Learning, Robotics and Mechatronics
- ETH Organization's Labels (ETHZ), Master Thesis
Event-based algorithms for motion segmentation have shown state-of-the-art results enabling fast drone maneuvers, e.g., dodging from fast moving obstacles or high-speed acrobatics. Neuromorphic processors have shown orders of magnitude advantages in energy efficiency and latency in a number of AI workloads, including adaptive control, constrained optimization problems, and event-based vision tasks. Loihi-2 is the latest neuromorphic research chip from Intel with the most advanced feature set that supports a large range of spiking neural network based algorithms. We aim to implement neuromorphic versions of event-based vision algorithms on Loihi-2, aiming to surpass the state-of-the-art performance in energy and/or latency
- Computer Vision, Neural Networks, Genetic Alogrithms and Fuzzy Logic, Pattern Recognition
- Master Thesis
Cartilage defect can be treated by surgically removing the damaged cartilage and filling the generated defect with a precisely shaped engineered cartilage graft. Nowadays, removing the defect cartilage is done manually using surgical curettes. The utilization of laser technology could allow to enhance the integration properties of the therapeutic cartilage graft. Previous results indicate that after tissue cutting, a molecular shift toward an “early/pre-OA” phenotype has already occurred in cartilage areas adjacent to the lesion. The hypothesis to be investigated is that ablation of cartilage with laser would counteract the tendency of the damage to spread out from the cartilage defect over time.
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering
- Master Thesis
Did you ever wonder how solid materials can catch CO2 out of the air? It’s called adsorption, and in this project, you will dive deep into the pores of these materials to explore efficient ways to predict adsorption behavior.
- Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Semester Project
Design a deep learning approach which integrates the measurements from different types of satellite data (MODIS, VIIRS, Sentinel-1 SAR, Sentinel-2, see Fig. 1) by learning a sensor-invariant embedding (see Fig. 2), targeting two applications: lake ice monitoring and glacial lakes mapping.
- Artificial Intelligence and Signal and Image Processing, Earth Sciences, Satellite Communications
- ETH for Development (ETH4D) (ETHZ), Internship, Master Thesis, Semester Project
01 July - 31 August 2022. The ETH Robotics Student Fellowship (ETH RSF) program offers graduate students the opportunity to research alongside experts on the specific topic of robotics of their choice. This fellowship takes place mainly during summer and is open to all students worldwide.
- Engineering and Technology, Information, Computing and Communication Sciences