Search for public opportunities
Register now and browse all open positions. It's free!
Profit from a great search interface and directly apply to the position of your choice. SiROP - Excellence in Science!
Notify me when new projects of my interest are advertized!
You define what you are interested in and we will send you an Email when a new project matches your criteria, it's that easy.
The Responsive Biomedical Systems Lab (RBSL) at the Department of Health Sciences and Technology (D-HEST) of ETH Zürich is searching for a PhD candidate to join the group to work on the development of protease-responsive ultrasound contrast agents for next generation of point-of-care diagnostics. Proteases are critical actors in health and disease that provide insight into the state and progression of inflammatory conditions, cancer, and many other ailments. Detection of their activity could serve as a powerful clinical tool to inform application, monitoring, and adjustment of treatments.
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Medical and Health Sciences
- PhD Placement
We aim to develop a (probabilistic) forecast model for glucose levels in individuals with diabetes mellitus based on historical continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) data and machine learning (ML= under real-world conditions. Ultimately, these forecasts may improve diabetes management systems such as the artificial pancreas.
- Artificial Intelligence and Signal and Image Processing, Information Systems, Medicine-general, Other Mathematical Sciences, Statistics
- Bachelor Thesis, Master Thesis, Semester Project
We aim to design a novel control approach which combines principles of Game Theory and Model Predictive Control. As part of a collaboration with tiko AG, we then want to apply the new controller for coordination of a large number of smart homes with power suppliers.
- Engineering and Technology, Mathematical Sciences
- Computation (IfA), Energy (IfA), Master Thesis, Theory (IfA)
The Environmental Robotics Lab (ERL) and the Chair of Air Quality and Particle Technology (APT) are looking for a motivated and creative student for a Master’s degree project or Master’s thesis at the intersection of robotics and environmental engineering. You will help us to develop robotic solutions to survey bioaerosols in the rainforest in the context of the high-profile XPRIZE Rainforest challenge.
- Aerospace Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Robotics and Mechatronics
- Master Thesis
We are preparing a long-term deployment of ANYmal robot in South Africa this spring. This project includes (0) field test in SA for 1~2 months, (1) developing software for locomotion/navigation of ANYmal in the field (2) making it easy for a non-roboticist operator, and (3) data collection and analysis.
- Computer Software, Intelligent Robotics, Robotics and Mechatronics, Zoology
- Internship, Master Thesis
We are developing a visual navigation system for ANYmal in the wild. Based on RGBD information, the robot has to be able to tell "walkable" terrains and navigate through the forest.
We are interested in self-supervised approaches to reduce labeling effort and to accommodate various existing dataset
- Computer Vision, Image Processing, Intelligent Robotics, Simulation and Modelling
- ETH Organization's Labels (ETHZ), Master Thesis, Semester Project
Age-related bone loss and associated fractures result in osteoporosis, a major problem for the elderly. Several studies suggested as a therapeutic target to prevent bone loss by precise coordination of bone remodeling through the interaction of bone cells namely: osteoclast-bone resorbing cells, osteoblasts-bone forming cells and osteocytes-key mechanosensors of bone remodeling. To understand the cellular mechanism of aging, this project investigates understanding the changes in the bone cells (osteoblast, osteoclasts, and osteocytes) in a mouse model of senile osteoporosis.
- Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Medical and Health Sciences
- Bachelor Thesis, ETH Organization's Labels (ETHZ), Internship, Lab Practice, Master Thesis, Other specific labels, Semester Project
The aim is a biohybrid soft robots composed of living microorganisms and biomaterials (living materials) and powered with homogeneous magnetic field. Applications are targeted cargo delivery and cancer therapy.
- Biomaterials, Biomechanical Engineering, Polymers, Robotics and Mechatronics
- Master Thesis, Semester Project
In this project, a student will explore RL-based control approaches for legged robots to enable our quadrupedal robot ANYmal to get up from the rough terrain with obstacles.
- Intelligent Robotics, Knowledge Representation and Machine Learning, Robotics and Mechatronics
- ETH Organization's Labels (ETHZ), Master Thesis
Event-based algorithms for motion segmentation have shown state-of-the-art results enabling fast drone maneuvers, e.g., dodging from fast moving obstacles or high-speed acrobatics. Neuromorphic processors have shown orders of magnitude advantages in energy efficiency and latency in a number of AI workloads, including adaptive control, constrained optimization problems, and event-based vision tasks. Loihi-2 is the latest neuromorphic research chip from Intel with the most advanced feature set that supports a large range of spiking neural network based algorithms. We aim to implement neuromorphic versions of event-based vision algorithms on Loihi-2, aiming to surpass the state-of-the-art performance in energy and/or latency
- Computer Vision, Neural Networks, Genetic Alogrithms and Fuzzy Logic, Pattern Recognition
- Master Thesis